Sunday 1 January 2012

Korg M3 Problem Fixed

This is just a post for Korg M3 owners who have strange problems like I did. This is the solution:

This fix is really simple, but I couldn't find it in the manuals:

WARNING!!!!!!  This will erase all programs and other data so back up EVERYTHING first!!!

- Turn M3 on while holding "Reset Controls & 1,2 buttons (the IFX1 and IFX2 buttons that are right beside the Reset Controls button).

This fixed 2 problems:

1. The pads didn't work. They would record the notes I was playing (visible in the pad setup page) but when I hit them, no sound.

2. The sequencer didn't work. VERY strange! I would record but nothing would play back. But oddly enough, if I muted the channel, the meter would start bouncing and show that there was data playing there!  So like the pads, it was recording, but not playing back.

The reset fixed both of those.

All programs were wiped but it only took a couple of minutes to reload them from the flash drive I had backed them up onto.

So all is well now.

7 comments:

  1. GREAT YOU ARE GREAT MAN, it's working 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaaaanks a lot, ill try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I download all the original sounds and combis somewhere? Because I reseted my M3 and really lost them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The producer set is on the Korg site. I think they are all in there: http://www.korg.com/SupportPage.aspx?productid=280

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a korg m3 I have no sound on some of the keys. but this is all over the keyboard imagine just being able to play only a certain set of notes all over the key board. this m3 hasn't been played in six years and kept in great storage conditions. is this an internal software problem that can be fixed by pressing a button preference? or is this a hardware problem??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to say. Is it the same keys on every patch? If so, that sounds like hardware. The first thing I recommend is to play it a lot. If it's just dust it will go away as you keep playing it. If that doesn't work, it might need repair. Check the manual for a reset as well. You can set up sounds to only work on certain keys so maybe that's it. But that should change when you try different patches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ihave problem a korg m3 no sound the problem in ic NJM2374Ae te1 ni power inside i want Fixed icant make any thing please help me what can i do?

    ReplyDelete