Monday 28 November 2011

Chroma Polaris!

Yesterday I bought a Fender Chroma Polaris from a friend. It's a really fat, huge sounding synth! A cross between Oberheim and Moog, although the filter is Arp so obviously it mostly sounds like that. It's basically a polyphonic Arp Odyssey. Very cool!

Unfortunately it has one major flaw: Ribbon cables that come from the contact sheet under the front panel membrane switches. They are bent over and after many years they crack and break. Very hard to fix.

Sure enough, a few buttons on mine didn't work and I had to open it up and fix that. Luckily (and it was VERY lucky) I was able to get it working again. The Noise switch doesn't work now and I'm not sure about the sequencer buttons either but everything else is perfect (I think) so that'll do! I'll do a more thorough fix some other day.

Now, back to recording!

No comments:

Post a Comment