Sunday 22 July 2012

Repairs - Wave 1

Ok, the rack gear and the CS-40 have gone to Patrick for repair. Hopefully he can fix them. The rack stuff probably just needs new power supplies, but the cs-40m is going to be a bit tricky.

He was busy re-capping an old Neve console for Daniel Lanois at the time. I think it's reasonable that my stuff should come first though!

The OB-8 is weird. The warmer it gets, the more out of tune it goes. That might make it more obvious that it's a capacitor. Patrick has a cool capacitance meter that makes checking them easy.

In other news I finished a new song yesterday. I think it will be called Mayan Calender but I'm not sure yet. I think it's the coolest thing I've done yet. Now I have to get back to finishing 4 or 5 others and release this CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment