Monday 23 January 2012

Minimoog Voyager RME!

Well I finally decided to get a real Minimoog. I was watching an auction for a Voyager RME (rack mount) last week that was in Ontario so that seemed perfect.... until the guy took it down a day before it ended! So I checked Musiciansfriend and they had 2 used ones. I decided to grab one of those while I could because it was a $600 savings over a brand new one.

It arrived today and sounds amazing!!! Really big and punchy! It sounds more like the old Model D than I expected based on what I'd heard, but it has a bunch of new features that make it much better, almost like a small modular. I love it!

The only minor problem is, the master volume control doesn't seem to go all the way down to 0. You can always hear some sound. Hopefully I can calibrate that easily.

As usual, I sure wish I had a LOT more time to play with this thing. But no, back to work in the morning. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment