Friday 27 January 2012

Voyager Problems

Well, I will have to post a lot more about the Moog Voyager after I've had more time with it. So far I think it's the most amazing synthesizer I've ever used. Really incredible how punchy and versatile it is.

However I have discovered another small problem: The release time for the VCA envelope wont go longer than 1 second. It should go to 10 seconds. This thing was obviously owned by an idiot before MusiciansFriend got it who randomly turned the trim pots inside just for giggles.

So far I'm happy with it the way it is though. No need for a long release at the moment. I can just use the decay instead. After I've gone through it in more detail maybe I'll try figuring out how to fix it myself or send it to Moog. It's so much trouble sending stuff across the border I don't really want to do that, but eventually I'll probably have to.

Last night I tried putting the Tom Oberheim SEM oscillators through it's external input and found that works really well. Makes the sound a bit too thick but I can add some upper harmonics to some sounds which could be cool. I'm sure I'll be using this thing a LOT in future recordings!

No comments:

Post a Comment